CURRENT JOB VACANCY AT THE CALD SECRETARIAT: Communications Officer
The Council of Asian Liberals and Democrats (CALD), a regional network of liberal and democratic political parties in Asia with a Secretariat based in Manila, Philippines, is looking for an enthusiastic Communications Officer to manage and assist the organization in external communications. The Communications Officer is expected to promote a positive public image of CALD and to handle the dissemination of information between CALD and the general public.
1. Planning and strategy
Ensure the efficacy of communications work through effective strategy and project planning.
- Developing and implementing CALD’s communications strategy to maximize its core objectives and priorities,
- Identifying and managing promotional opportunities that align with core priorities,
- Developing and implementing CALD’s brand by ensuring consistent and appropriate use of language, imagery and graphics across all print, online and multi-media work, and
- Working with CALD’s Executive Director and Executive Committee to identify and promote ideas or events that link with core campaigning priorities.
2. Media outreach and promotion
Enhance CALD’s reputation and raise awareness of its activities, advocacies and researches through targeted coverage across TV, radio, print and electronic communication.
Specifically, this involves:
- Producing, distributing and placing quality press releases,
- Assisting in the promotion of CALD’s work through TV, radio and print interviews, and other public speaking opportunities, and by arranging appropriate opportunities, events or interviews for other spokespeople,
- Gaining exposure for CALD’s activities, campaigns and researches, and
- Developing and cultivating good relationships with key individuals and institutions involved in media and publicity, ensuring that information on key media contacts is kept up-to-date.
3. Publications, editorial and online communications
Provide overall framework and guidance for CALD’s priorities in all communications including database, website and social media.
This may include:
- Managing the CALD website and CALD social media accounts,
- Producing CALD’s weekly CALD News You Can Use for circulation to its members and partners,
- Crafting, editing and producing print and electronic materials, videos and graphic designs for CALD’s activities and campaigns,
- Providing guidance on content, layout and editing of annual report and other key publications, and
- Providing ad-hoc support to the Executive Director in producing engaging content and coverage for CALD events and campaigns online and through social media.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Proficient command of English
- BSc/BA in public relations, communications or relevant field
- Experience in communications work, including copywriting and editing, is an advantage
- Experience in web design, layout and content production is a plus
- Working knowledge of MS Office; Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, Adobe Lightroom, Final Cut Pro X is an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following documents:
- Letter of Intent
- A recent CV with attached 2×2 ID picture
Once you accomplish the necessary documents, kindly send them to email@example.com with your FULL NAME + JOB POSITION as the subject heading.
Note: Please attach relevant portfolio of work (graphic designs, photos, videos, sample writings, etc.).
15 January 2018
31 January 2018